In the News

Co-ops and the Oscars: Activist Harry Belafonte

And the Oscar Goes to Harry Belafonte: Co-op Housing Organizer & Lifetime Co-op Activist

On February 22nd, Harry Belafonte was awarded an honorary Oscar and the Jean Hersholt Award at the Academy Awards in Hollywood.  The world saw the 87 year old singer, actor and civil rights activist honored for his lifetime contribution to humanitarian causes and social change. Some of us will also know him for being a co-op organizer and lifetime co-op supporter.

Member News

2015 CITGO/Citizens Energy Oil Heat Program OPEN!

http://www.citizensenergy.com/assistance-programs

The Citizens Energy / CITGO Oil Heat Program offers heating grants of 50 gallons of heating oil per apartment to income eligible HDFCs in exchange for the commitment that each building will take what would have been spent in oil costs and gives a portion (67.5%) back to the residentsin the form of credits, while reinvesting the other portion (32.5%) back into the building through the completion of energy efficent upgrades.

All applications will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.

If your building is interested in participating, please click here for more information and application. For questions, please contact Claire at 212-479-3374 or by email at meredith@uhab.org.